Got gifts? Connecting you with YOUR gifts to maximize life & career.
I'm Mark Myette. I believe each of us is a gift. I create trusted relationships where individuals, teams and leaders NAME, CLAIM and AIM their gifts to achieve optimum performance.
Throughout my business career, which began in 1983 and where I spent 24+ years within Fortune 500 companies, I have always loved being an advisor, catalyst, coach, connector, influencer, pioneer, stimulator and teacher! Perhaps it was because I was born a twin and the second youngest of 7.
Since 1989, I have conducted 1000's of career / performance assessments, developed numerous training / development programs and facilitated 1000's of training sessions. To understand my "why", you need to understand my "wiring" (or should I say "WHY-ering"?)...
One of my favorite philosophies is around the concept of karma…sowing positive seeds that will - over time - produce positive outcomes! This is why I'm passionate about giving back, volunteering, teaching, doing my part to leave the world in a better place AND helping people see things in themselves or the world they may not yet see (specifics below).
This also explains why, since I launched my business in 2012, I have focused on 1-on-1 gifts coaching. I have provided 100's and 100's of hours of pro-bono gifts coaching and assessments for those in need.
The outcomes from the gifts coaching has provided my clients clarity, purpose, and a strategic plan for their go-forward approach to their careers and life. (SEE Testimonials)
I'm also and author and blogger. I wrote a book "Wantrepreneur: Do You Have What it Takes to be an Entrepreneur?" My intent in writing this book is to help people who have struggled to find their purpose in the midst of a career transition understand the real possibilities of doing something entrepreneurial and how to determine if it might be an option.
My blog is focused on subjects near-and-dear to my heart...Assessments; Career Management; Entrepreneurship; Leadership; Learning & Development; Life; and Motivation. Here's a SUMMARY LIST.
Now, I've expanded my offering to leaders, managers and teams as I had done for years in my corporate roles.
On a personal side, although I reside in Atlanta (and love it), I am from Bean Town (Boston) and earned my undergraduate degree from Boston University. Because I love to learn, I pressed on and earned an MBA from Emory’s Goizueta School of Business, my Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) from the Association for Talent Development (ATD) and formally added "Certified" Strengths Coach through Gallup and Strengths Deployment / Team Conflict Resolution via TotalSDI.
A bit more...here's a profile about me that appeared in Emory University's Business Magazine.
Professional Journey by Position
Writer / philosopher - current
Adjunct Professor - current
Author - current
Gifts Coach - current
Business Owner - current
Chief Inspiration Officer
Director of the Sales Center of Learning & Performance
Director of Employee Development (Sales & Operations)
Director of Sales Training / Sales Development
Director of Sales Training
Senior Manager of Sales Training
Manager of Sales Training
Area Sales Manager
Account Executive - Public Relations
Service (after my college years)
- 20th Reunion Class Host - Emory Goizueta School of Business
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) - Greater Atlanta - Senior Advisor / Board of Director
- Coach - 2017 National Black MBA Association Professional Development Symposium - Atlanta Chapter
- Presentation Judge - Year Up Greater Atlanta
- Vacation Bible School - Youth Leader volunteer - First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta
- Committee Member - Goal Team: Servant Leadership - First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta
- Chair - Emerging Generations Council - First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta
- Year Up Atlanta Persuasive Speech Competition Judge
- Co-Chair ICE 2017 Volunteer Committee - Association for Talent Development International Conference & Exposition - Atlanta (ATD ICE)
- Volunteer - Leadercast! 2017
- EVP - Signature Events - Society of HR Management-Atlanta (SHRM-Atlanta)
- Volunteer - 2017 SHRM-Atlanta SOAHR Conference
- VP Recognition / Awards - SHRM-Atlanta
- Chair - 21st Century Leaders - SHRM-Atlanta
- Coach - National Black MBA Association - Atlanta Chapter
- Underwriter / Coach - ExecuNet
- Career Advisor - Boston University Alumni Association
- Elder - First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta
- Coach - Dress For Success - Atlanta
- President - Emory Over 40 Alumni Group - Emory University
- Coach - Career Connections - SHRM-Atlanta
- Advisor - Georgia State University School of Hospitality
- Director - Network Over 40: Atlanta
- Leader - Atlanta Member Relations - SHRM-Atlanta
- Baseball Coach - Druid Hills Youth Sports, Atlanta, GA
- Volunteer - Crossroads Career Network (Career Ministry)
- Member - Programming Committee - Southeast Franchise Forum
- Career Advisor - Georgia National Guard
- Co-VP - Volunteer Relations, Engagement & Recognition - SHRM-Atlanta
- Sunday School Teacher - First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta
- Mock Interviewer - Emory University - Goizueta School of Business
- Volunteer Teacher / Coach / Curriculum Designer - Junior Achievement of Atlanta
- National Advisor to Chapters - ATD
- Past President - ATD Atlanta
- President - ATD Atlanta
- Member - Sales Enablement Committee - ATD National
- President-Elect - ATD Atlanta
- VP of Special / Geographic Interest Groups - ATD Atlanta
- Mentor - Emory University - Goizueta Business School
- Deacon-Elect - Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church of New York City (NYC)
- Founding Member of FOCUS 20's/30's Group - Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church of NYC
Mark's Assessment Results
EQ-i (MHS): (highest subscales) Self-Actualization | Stress Tolerance | Assertiveness
CliftonStrengths: (top 5) Connectedness - R | Ideation - S | Belief - E | Empathy - R | Strategic - S
Gallup BP10: Disruptor | Determination | Relationship | Confidence | Independence | Risk-Taker
Imperative: Who: Individual | Why: Harmony | How: Human
Myers–Briggs: Extroversion | Intuition | Feeling | Perceiving (ENFP)
Standout: Connector | Pioneer
Strong: Social | Enterprising | Artistic
Total SDI: MVS: B-47 | R - 27 | G - 26 | CS: B - 37 | R - 25 | G - 38
TTI DISC: Adapted: D - 57 | I - 85 | S - 35 | C - 7 Natural: D - 77 | I - 87 | S - 67 | C - 7
With Whom I Work
• Those in career transition
• Those considering doing a business
• Managers of teams
• Leadership teams
My Top Gifts
• Career / life readiness
• Optimum performance