Too often people focus on the wrong thing(s) instead of stepping back and understanding themselves and the "gifts" they possess. Some examples:
1. What should I major in?
2. What occupation should I pursue?
3. What job should I apply for?
4. Why do I feel empty?
4. Should I start a business?
5. What business is hot?
6. Why is my team underperforming?
This website is intended to let you know there's a resource out there that can help. After all, you should FIRST focus on YOUR gifts!
1. What talents were you born with?
2. What comes naturally to you?
3. What talents have others noticed, yet you downplay?
This might explain why:
- Many people are underemployed or "mis-employed" (Gallup).
- The middle class is now the minority (Pew).
- Depression, addiction, and suicide are climbing to unhealthy numbers (CDC).
- For those currently working, the numbers are also daunting:
o 70%+ are disengaged (Gallup).
o 20% wish harm on the company they work (Gallup).
I hope you take time to take a step back and allow me to start with the MOST IMPORTANT question: What Are Your Gifts?
My best in your quest.
I believe each of us is a gift. I create trusted relationships where individuals, teams and leaders NAME, CLAIM and AIM their gifts to achieve optimum performance.
Interested to Learn About Yourself or Your Team? Mark is a Certified CliftonStrengths Coach, Facet5 and TotalSDI Facilitator and happy to discuss your situation.
SEE Summary List of Other Blogs!
About Mark Myette
I believe each of us is a gift. I create trusted
Based out Roam - Buckhead - 3365 Piedmont Rd NE, Suite 1400 (2nd Floor), Atlanta, GA 30305
Can meet at other Roam locations if appropriate: Alpharetta; Dunwoody; or Galleria